Thursday 1 June 2023

Interesting Characters.

 

On my way to the grocery store, an interesting woman showed herself again. She is a small woman and wears a flamboyant hat. Over some weeks, I've observed why she goes to the mall. She believes her job is to organize all the shopping carts, placing them in there proper place.  We have two grocery stores, and she spends the day pushing numerous carts, aligning them perfectly in there designated slots. The shopping center is quite large. It seems she believes this is her contribution to society. Whenever we cross paths, we exchange smiles, and I know she believes that her efforts are a meaningful task for her and our community. I love her hat.

While waiting at the bus stop, an old Chinese woman showed up with her bags of groceries. Too many bags, and were way too heavy for her slight frame. My guess was she was in her early seventies. What struck me the most about her was her air of calmness and peace. She was beautiful, and I surmised she would have been quite a 'stunner' in her youth. The bus finally arrived, and she carried her heavy load without any assistance. I wanted to help but stopped because of her independence and pride. One could see the barely visible lines on her face, depicting her to have experienced a difficult life.  

The young man at the liquor store has been working there for years. He has long black hair and wears dark makeup around his eyes. Imagine a 90s Goth. I always thought he was a young lad expressing his non-conformity and chosen identity. After so many years, he commented on my Wikileaks hoody. "That's one cool jacket, man." We talked about Julian Assange. He was totally informed about Wikileaks and the man himself. At face value, the boy would be considered a dumb-shit boy. I found his knowledge and awareness of global affairs impressive. 

Every human being has their own story. 

Sometimes the "invisible" are the most interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dir. John Cromwell – Enchanted Cottage (1945) - Comment.

  This is the first film I have ever seen that begins with a 10 minute `Overture'; the music is excellent and the composer, Max Steiner...